Nancy Lazkani Inducted into 2017 Direct Response Hall of Fame
[Includes excerpts from April 2017 issue of Response Magazine]
Icon Media Direct's Nancy Lazkani was honored Thursday, April 27, 2017 as an inductee into the Direct Response Hall of Fame, by the Direct Response Marketing Alliance (DRMA) at Response Expo 2017.
“This septet … not only represents more than 30 years of industry history, but also features leaders who are still driving change in our ever-evolving space, as well,” says Thomas Haire, Editor-in-Chief of Response.
The inductees were honored during a series of afternoon events at Response Expo at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront on Thursday, April 27. They are:
- Nancy Lazkani, founder and CEO of Icon Media Direct, helped pioneer performance-driven advertising and innovated how media is purchased and analyzed.
- Michelle Cardinal, CEO and co-founder of Portland, Ore.-based R2C Group, has been successfully tapping accountable marketing techniques for more than two decades.
- Jonathan L. Congdon, co-founder and president of Beachbody LLC, has taken fitness marketing to unchartered territory with more than $1 billion in annual sales and a long list of awards.
- Carl Daikeler, co-founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Beachbody LLC, is a 25-year veteran of the direct response business whose database of more than 20 million people leverages $100 million-plus per year in advertising.
- Tim O’Leary, author and co-founder of R2C Group, launched his first DRTV campaign while still in college in 1980 and went on to create some of the industry’s first big-brand infomercials for Apple, AT&T, Sony, Hewlett-Packard, Sears, and many others.
- Lenny Sands, chairman of Los Angeles-based Capital Brands, is a proven innovator in diet and fitness, skincare, and countertop appliances who was behind the Magic Bullet and the Six Week Body Makeover.
- Rob Woodrooffe, founder of Interwood in Canada, pioneered power branding that tapped direct response TV to create awareness and sales throughout 115 countries.
Of the honor, Lazkani stated, "When Response’s Tom Haire and John Yarrington advised me that I was the only person that had been DRMA Member of the Year to also become a DR Hall of Famer, I was humbled. What this means to me is that I must be impacting more people that I can imagine. If had to boil it all down to a single significance, it would be the realization that taking a risk to start my business as a single mother was the best thing I ever did. I like to believe I received this honor because I’m seen as a person that has been a strong and consistent player in an industry and has evolved through a lot of change and chaos. I have kept my focus and relied on truth in advertising to help me guide my clients and employees to success."
Previously inducted Direct Response Hall of Famers include Suzanne Somers, Billy Mays, Bill Guthy, Greg Renker and Leeza Gibbons, to name a few. To read the full story, click here: