Sr. Data Analyst
Do you love working with data to uncover the story it tells? Icon Media Direct is seeking an experienced Data Analyst or Senior Data Analyst to join our BI Analytics and Data Science team. The Senior Data Analyst is expected to perform media impact analysis driving effective media campaigns and use data to evaluate performance for our elite roster of clients. This person will report to the Sr. Director of Data Science and work closely with members of the BI Analytics and Data Science team and account managers from the Client Services team to conduct statistical analyses and account performance for our clients. The Data Analyst will acquire, extract, and transform a variety of data sets from different resources for analysis, and be the subject matter expert of all things data for our client’s business performance. We are looking for a problem solver who knows what questions to ask and how to answer the questions using appropriate data and tools.
The ideal candidate is a sharp, creative, detail oriented, analytical, and highly quantitative individual with passion for data manipulation, data analysis, and working with cross-functional teams.
About Icon Media Direct:
Icon Media Direct is a leading brand response media agency obsessed with maximizing ROI for our clients. We are a group of experts in media, technology, relationships and analytics working together to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations. With over 19 years of experience, we pride ourselves in the deep relationships we have built with our clients, partners and employees. Headquartered in Sherman Oaks, CA, Icon Media Direct strives to be an employer of choice, offering competitive benefits and compensation, true work/life balance, and a fun, energetic company culture. We are an organization, truly focused on the growth of our team. With in-depth leadership training, strengths-based coaching and mentorship programs, we foster a culture of continual development and positive collaboration.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Working with team leaders, data scientists and analysts to translate data to clear recommendation and communicate the story internally and to clients.
- Partner with the Client Services team to generate actionable recommendations to help clients optimize media marketing budget and make data-driven marketing decisions
- Deliver analytics and performance reporting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Liaison with Client Services and Business Information Management (BIM) teams for understanding requirements and explaining results
- Document findings on Confluence and contribute to presentations
- Check and debug any data related issues to ensure accuracy and data integrity
- Proactively generate thoughtful analysis to help account managers understand client TV attribution and performance.
- Manage multiple projects and timelines to ensure high quality data deliveries.
- Statistical knowledge on probability distributions, hypothesis testing, time series models and analysis
- Proficient in querying databases (SQL) and strong understanding of relational database
- Proficiency in Excel (Pivot tables, lookups, chart functions)
- Working knowledge of Tableau (or other data visualization tools)
- Experience in analytics software tools preferred (Python, R, or SAS)
- Cloud data experience (AWS, Redshift, Snowflake) preferred
- Ability to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and ability to communicate complex ideas and strategy to both external and internal clients
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or other quantitative fields
- 2-4 years of experience as a data analyst working with business partners to drive quantitative analysis and recommendations.
- Experience in marketing analytics or consulting is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with data manipulation and analysis.
- Salary based on skills and experience
- Skills will be tested upon interview
- All applicants are subject to background checks and offers of employment will be pending the verification of information listed on application
- All applicants will need to provide a list of professional references
Icon Media Direct is an Equal Opportunity Employer
**NO RECRUITERS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE**