Billing & AR Specialist
Icon Media Direct is seeking an experienced Billing & AR Specialist. The ideal candidate will possess a desire and a passion to be accurate and timely in delivering client media billing invoicing and related reporting. This individual will have a positive can-do approach and will present solutions when faced with shifting priorities and challenges. The Billing & AR Specialist will work with the Client Services team and the client to bill media and related fees, and to reconcile payments.
About Icon Media Direct:
Icon Media Direct is a leading brand response media agency obsessed with maximizing ROI for our clients. We are a group of experts in media, technology, relationships and analytics working together to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations. With over 20 years of experience, we pride ourselves in the deep relationships we have built with our clients, partners and employees. Headquartered in Sherman Oaks, CA, Icon Media Direct strives to be an employer of choice, offering competitive benefits and compensation, true work/life balance, and a fun, energetic company culture. We are an organization, truly focused on the growth of our team. With in-depth leadership training, strengths-based coaching and mentorship programs, we foster a culture of continual development and positive collaboration.
Job Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
- Familiar with media billing processes and media type billings of gross, net, and client costs.
- Accurate and timely client billing based on agreed terms and scheduling, subject to fluid and instant turnaround times with fluctuations.
- Management of client billing in several stages: estimate billing, shifting budgets, over and under clearance amounts, and final detailed reconciliations.
- Run, research, and validate detailed reports reflecting media bookings at the spot level and reconcile to billing.
- Complete monthly reconciliation of client media spending by ensuring all systems and reporting agree.
- Track payments and exposure, follow up with clients and Client Services team, and inform team of any clients not meeting terms.
- Excellent communication skills to create professional correspondence with employees and clients. Able to articulate detailed changes in billing to internal accounts’ teams and clients.
- Proactively improve and create processes by looking for ways to automate the department/agency and improve efficiency.
- Initiative to continually learn software trends and new enhancements.
- Take ownership of assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrated flexibility in job responsibilities due to fluctuating demands. The nature of Icon Media Direct’s business flow may require for each team member to perform a multitude of different functions not specifically outlined above.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- College degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of CORE media buying and Advantage ERP preferable but not required.
- Experience and knowledge of accounts receivables and general accounting practices.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a professional business environment is required, preferably in the Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations or Media industries.
- Microsoft Office proficiency: Word, Excel (Advanced Level including pivot tables), Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Salary based on skills and experience
- All skills will be tested upon interview
- All applicants are subject to background checks and offers of employment will be pending the verification of information listed on application
- All applicants will need to provide a list of professional references
Icon Media Direct is an Equal Opportunity Employer
**NO RECRUITERS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE**