Data Reporting & Visualization Analyst
Icon Media Direct is seeking an experienced Data Reporting and Visualization Analyst to join our Data Science and Analytics team. The Data Reporting and Visualization Analyst will need an above average understanding and skillset with data visualizations software, such as Tableau or Power BI, to produce compelling visuals/charts and reports highlighting performance, trends, and optimizations.
This role will work closely with members of the Data Science and Analytics team and Account Managers from the Client Services team. This position involves tasks such as creating Tableau dashboard reports, business intelligence reports, and visualizations, and working with different departments in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities. The successful candidate will need to be sharp, creative, detail-oriented, analytical, and highly quantitative with a passion for data manipulation, data analysis, and working with cross-functional teams.
About Icon Media Direct:
Icon Media Direct is a leading brand response media agency obsessed with maximizing ROI for our clients. We are a group of experts in media, technology, relationships and analytics working together to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations. With over 19 years of experience, we pride ourselves in the deep relationships we have built with our clients, partners and employees. Headquartered in Sherman Oaks, CA, Icon Media Direct strives to be an employer of choice, offering competitive benefits and compensation, true work/life balance, and a fun, energetic company culture. We are an organization, truly focused on the growth of our team. With in-depth leadership training, strengths-based coaching and mentorship programs, we foster a culture of continual development and positive collaboration.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Develop and modify reports and dashboards, provide connections to new and existing data sources, prepare data for use in Tableau, develop extracts, publish data sources and workbooks, develop custom scripts, coordinate releases of data and workbooks, as well as perform complex technical tasks
- Act as a point of contact for the department to communicate and coordinate with different stakeholders including Functional Users, Tableau Administrative Team, Database Administrators, and Data Governance Team, etc.
- Create technical solutions to business needs by translating requirements and finding innovative resolutions. Perform a strategizing and ideation stage with the team before creating the application or solution
- As an ongoing part of the development process, conduct unit tests and develop database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues that arise
- Evaluate and improve existing reporting dashboards, as well as collaborate with teams within the business to integrate new improvements to streamline workflow and reporting processes
- Develop and update technical documentation via Confluence for members of staff and colleagues within the department to serve as a reference guide
- Proficiency in multiple enterprise business intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, BI360)
- Strong understanding of data visualization best practices
- Advanced knowledge in querying databases (SQL) and strong understanding of relational database
- Above average knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, lookups, chart functions, etc.)
- Cloud data experience (S3, AWS, and Snowflake)
- Ability to create innovative solutions to business problems
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze the needs of the business or client
- Self-motivated with initiative to find solutions and improvements to dashboard reporting during prototyping and customer testing phases
- Strong attention to detail to spot inaccuracies in coding or data
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas and strategy to both external and internal clients
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Information Management, Business Analytics, Information Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with at least one enterprise Business Intelligence tool (Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy, Looker, etc.)
- Experience in marketing analytics or media agency is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with data manipulation and analysis.
- Salary based on skills and experience
- Skills will be tested upon interview
- All applicants are subject to background checks and offers of employment will be pending the verification of information listed on application
- All applicants will need to provide a list of professional references
Icon Media Direct is an Equal Opportunity Employer
**NO RECRUITERS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE**