Data Science Analyst
Icon Media Direct is seeking an experienced Data Science Analyst to join our Data Science and Analytics team. The Data Science Analyst is expected to perform media impact analysis driving effective media campaigns and use data to evaluate performance for our elite roster of clients.
This role will report to the Sr. Director of Data Science and work closely with members of the Data Science and Analytics team, and Account Managers from the Client Services team to conduct statistical analyses and account performance for our clients. The Data Science Analyst will acquire, extract, and transform a variety of data sets from different resources for analysis, set up attribution models, and be the subject matter expert of all things data for our clients’ business performance. We are looking for a problem solver who is inquisitive, knows the right questions to ask, and how to find solutions using current and emerging applications and technologies.
The ideal candidate is a sharp team player, creative, detail-oriented, analytical, and highly quantitative individual with passion for data manipulation, data analysis, and working with cross-functional teams.
About Icon Media Direct:
Icon Media Direct is a leading brand response media agency obsessed with maximizing ROI for our clients. We are a group of experts in media, technology, relationships and analytics working together to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations. With over 19 years of experience, we pride ourselves in the deep relationships we have built with our clients, partners and employees. Headquartered in Sherman Oaks, CA, Icon Media Direct strives to be an employer of choice, offering competitive benefits and compensation, true work/life balance, and a fun, energetic company culture. We are an organization, truly focused on the growth of our team. With in-depth leadership training, strengths-based coaching and mentorship programs, we foster a culture of continual development and positive collaboration.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Work with team leaders, Data Scientists, and Analysts to translate data to clear recommendations and communicate the story internally and to clients
- Partner with the Client Services team to generate actionable recommendations to help clients optimize their media marketing budgets and make data-driven marketing decisions
- Deliver analytics and performance reporting in an accurate and timely manner
- Set up attribution models for new clients
- Liaise with Client Services and Business Information Management (BIM) teams for understanding requirements and explaining results
- Document findings on Confluence and contribute to presentations
- Check and debug any data-related issues to ensure accuracy and data integrity
- Proactively generate thoughtful analysis to help Account Managers understand client TV attribution and performance
- Manage multiple projects and timelines to ensure high quality data deliveries
- Statistical knowledge on probability distributions, hypothesis testing, and Time Series models and analysis
- Proficient in querying databases (SQL) and strong understanding of relational databases
- Proficiency in Tableau and/or other data visualization tools (Power BI, BI360)
- Above average knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, lookups, chart functions, etc.)
- Experience in analytics software tools preferred (Python, R, or SAS)
- Cloud data experience – S3, AWS EC2, RDS and/or Snowflake
- Ability to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas and strategy to both external and internal clients
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or other quantitative fields.
- 2-4 years of experience as a data analyst working with business partners to drive quantitative analysis and recommendations.
- Experience in marketing analytics or consulting is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with data manipulation and analysis.
- Salary based on skills and experience
- Skills will be tested upon interview
- All applicants are subject to background checks and offers of employment will be pending the verification of information listed on application
- All applicants will need to provide a list of professional references
Icon Media Direct is an Equal Opportunity Employer
**NO RECRUITERS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE**