Are you a self-starter who loves to engage with new people, build relationships and thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting responsibilities? Icon Media Direct is looking for an HR Generalist to join its team. The role will provide team support and direct client service across a wide variety of activities in the areas of HR Project Management, Employee Relations, Payroll, Recruiting, HR Reporting, Benefits Administration, Community and Employee Engagement, and Event Planning. The Generalist will assist with the full cycle recruiting experience, from talent sourcing and attracting candidates, to interviewing and hiring top talent to help take us into our next phase of growth. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, strategic and possess strong written, verbal, and analytical skills, as well as a proven track record of success. This role will report to the Director of HR.
About Icon Media Direct:
Icon Media Direct is a leading brand response media agency obsessed with maximizing ROI for our clients. We are a group of experts in media, technology, relationships and analytics working together to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations. With over 18 years of experience, we pride ourselves in the deep relationships we have built with our clients, partners and employees. Headquartered in Sherman Oaks, CA, Icon Media Direct strives to be an employer of choice, offering competitive benefits and compensation, true work/life balance, and a fun, energetic company culture. We are an organization, truly focused on the growth of our team. With in-depth leadership training, strengths-based coaching and mentorship programs, we foster a culture of continual development and positive collaboration.
Job Duties Include, but not limited to:
- Provide Administrative support to the Director of HR.
- Provide comprehensive support in the administration, development, and implementation of various HR personnel policies, procedures, and projects.
- Manage HR inbox, employee files, databases, HR Service Center, and other websites/postings.
- New hire onboarding and employee offboarding support.
- Schedule and track mandated and voluntary employee trainings and performance management programs.
- Assist with ADP (payroll) employee updates and changes.
- Administer employee benefits, serving as liaison between insurance carriers and employees.
- Understand and ensure compliance with federal and state employment regulations.
- Lead Recruiting functions.
- Partner with hiring managers to understand staffing needs and details of position responsibilities and requirements.
- Prepare and post job vacancy announcements internally and externally.
- Coordinate with recruiting platforms to successfully attract target candidates and build pipeline of strong candidates from the industry.
- Establish internal interview teams, and coordinate candidate screening, scheduling, interviewing, testing, and background and reference checks.
- Gather feedback from hiring manager and interview teams and provide recommendations for employment offers.
- Promote Icon as the employer of choice to prospective and existing employees.
- Facilitate Employee Engagement programs.
- Foster a culture of equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and positive employee relations.
- Develop and execute orientation programs and procedures for new employees (new hire, department, benefits, etc.).
- Oversee company initiatives and events (e.g. Health Fair, holiday festivities, training opportunities, Lunch & Learns, Connectivity committee, and other seasonal events)
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A considerable knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources.
- Experience in Media/Marketing/Advertising field preferred, but not required.
- A proven track record of successfully using a variety of recruiting technology and digital sourcing techniques.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build credible relationships with managers, employees, and candidates.
- Working understanding of Federal and state employment laws.
- A proven professional with high integrity, and the ability to be diplomatic and confidential.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Organized and able to successfully prioritize multiple responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business or related field
- 2-5 years of Human Resources experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) at an advanced level
- Salary based on skills and experience
- All skills will be tested upon interview
- All applicants are subject to background checks and offers of employment will be pending the verification of information listed on application
- All applicants will need to provide a list of professional references
Icon Media Direct is an Equal Opportunity Employer
**NO RECRUITERS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE**