Icon Media Direct, Inc. is in search of a sharp, detail-oriented, analytical, and a highly quantitative individual with passion for data analysis, data governance, and data manipulation.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Business Information Management (BIM), this position will serve as one of the subject matter experts for all things data for our clients and internal team. The Information Analyst will collaborate with members of the Icon Data Science and Technology teams to devise and implement solutions and information management processes. This individual will also work with Icon’s client’s technical staff to setup, review, validate data transmission, and ad-hoc projects/requests. Excellent verbal and writing communication skills are essential for this role’s success. Also essential are exceptional skills in Excel, SAS, ETL, and MSSQL. Ability to write in Python, C#, and other scripting languages are also required and will be tested as part of the hiring process.
About Icon Media Direct:
Icon Media Direct is a leading brand response media agency obsessed with maximizing ROI for our clients. We are a group of experts in media, technology, relationships and analytics working together to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations. With over 19 years of experience, we pride ourselves in the deep relationships we have built with our clients, partners and employees. Headquartered in Sherman Oaks, CA, Icon Media Direct strives to be an employer of choice, offering competitive benefits and compensation, true work/life balance, and a fun, energetic company culture. We are an organization, truly focused on the growth of our team. With in-depth leadership training, strengths-based coaching and mentorship programs, we foster a culture of continual development and positive collaboration.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Develop data requirements and ensure that all data received are aligned to use for internal data models and analysis needs.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of product development, data governance, and data strategy roadmap.
- Utilize reporting and analysis software such as SAS, Python, Tableau, and Excel for data integration, validation, and analysis and solving complex data-related problems.
- Troubleshoot data, reports, and application issues submitted by internal teams and external vendors, and track progress and resolutions in Jira Help Desk software.
- Create and maintain templates and forms used for technical requirements, BRDs, data validation, and data discovery.
- Translate new or updated business requirements from users into technical requirements for the Development team.
- Utilize Confluence and Jira to develop standard operating procedures and technical documentation.
- Validate business terms and definitions linked to metadata, data standards, and business processes.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Provide excellent customer service throughout helpdesk resolution process.
- Conduct Quality Assurance for new or upgraded applications.
- Assist in training teams on department processes and various system applications.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Detail-oriented and analytical self-starter
- Excellent time management skills
- Above average understanding and scripting abilities with relational databases such as MSSQL, PostgreSQL, and Aurora
- Above average understanding of O365 Suite, particularly Excel (Pivot Tables, lookup functions, charts, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Tableau, PowerBI, and/or other data visualization tools
- Experience in analytics software tools and ability to write and understand common programming/scripting languages (VBA, SAS, EDI-C, R, Python)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience presenting complex ideas and strategies to both external and internal clients
- Experience with AWS, S3, and Snowflake
- Experience with SQL and Tableau
- Able to work effectively in a remote environment and on-premises as needs dictate
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field; Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Intelligence, or Management Information Systems, is strongly preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience working as a Data Analyst, Data Management Specialist, or BI Analyst/Specialist, assisting organizations with data governance, data lifecycle, analysis, and data management/quality.
- Salary based on skills and experience
- Skills will be tested upon interview
- All applicants are subject to background checks and offers of employment will be pending the verification of information listed on application
- All applicants will need to provide a list of professional references
Icon Media Direct is an Equal Opportunity Employer
**NO RECRUITERS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE**