Data Management Analyst
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Business Information Management (BIM), this position will serve as a technical resource to ensure data quality, integrity, and governance for disparate and unstructured data. This position requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify, isolate, and correct data errors, ultimately ensuring pristine data quality to produce accurate reports.
Icon Media Direct is a highly collaborative environment and team, and the successful candidate will need to be a team player with strong verbal and written communication skills, as clear and concise communication with various individuals at different levels will be essential on a daily basis.
The Data Management Analyst role is important and essential in producing reports for senior level decision-making. The right candidate will be detail-oriented, resourceful, and effectively multi-task under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This position will manage and analyze data from different sources, therefore an above average understanding and competence of MSSQL, relational databases, SAS, Excel, and programming languages (Python, C#) are essential. Experience with Tableau, Snowflake, and AWS are highly desired.
About Icon Media Direct:
Icon Media Direct is a leading brand response media agency obsessed with maximizing ROI for our clients. We are a group of experts in media, technology, relationships and analytics working together to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations. With over 19 years of experience, we pride ourselves in the deep relationships we have built with our clients, partners and employees. Headquartered in Sherman Oaks, CA, Icon Media Direct strives to be an employer of choice, offering competitive benefits and compensation, true work/life balance, and a fun, energetic company culture. We are an organization, truly focused on the growth of our team. With in-depth leadership training, strengths-based coaching and mentorship programs, we foster a culture of continual development and positive collaboration.
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
- Receives, inspects, validates, cleanses, transforms, and loads data received in a variety of formats (e.g., Excel, CSV, Proposal XML, text) from disparate sources (e.g., clients, telemarketers, web vendors).
- Manages master data, including creations, updates, and deletions.
- Identifies erroneous or anomalous data and takes action to correct or remove errors in order to restore datasets to reliable levels.
- Evaluates datasets for consistency, completeness, and accuracy.
- Works with vendors and clients to correct problems with data and/or files.
- Interacts with customers and other teams to obtain data requirements for new and existing applications.
- Audits data on a regular basis and ensures data integrity and normalization.
- Performs data management activities in accordance with customer, company, contract, and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and recommends process improvements for data management tasks.
- Proactively addresses issues, questions, and problems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Troubleshoots issues and tracks progress and resolutions logged in the Help Desk software, while providing excellent customer service and timely communication throughout the resolution process.
- Works with the team to define, develop, and document data glossary, sources and definitions for institutional planning.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping data & information confidential according to CCPA guidelines.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with knowledge of advanced Excel formulas, functions, and the creation and manipulation of pivot tables. Above average experience with MSSQL and relational databases, SAS and ETL
- Strong technical aptitude
- Above average experience with Tableau, Snowflake and AWS is preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to logically outline and document technical procedures and processes
- Possess keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to balance administrative functions, including information collection, planning, and organizing while efficiently utilizing resources
- Strong team player
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field, Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Minimum three years of experience working as a Data Management or Quality Specialist, or assisting organizations with data governance, data lifecycle, analysis and data management/quality
- Salary based on skills and experience
- Skills will be tested upon interview
- All applicants are subject to background checks and offers of employment will be pending the verification of information listed on application
- All applicants will need to provide a list of professional references
Icon Media Direct is an Equal Opportunity Employer
**NO RECRUITERS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE**