Director, Advanced Media
Icon Media Direct is looking for an expert in OTT/CTV and Programmatic. As the Advanced Media Director, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of advanced media strategies across multiple channels to support the overall business objectives of the company. The ideal candidate is a problem solver who can wear many hats and understands not only the strategy behind advanced media campaigns, but also has a strong understanding of the technical nuances. A successful candidate can articulate the strategies and outcomes of campaigns to clients and internal team members alike. If you are passionate about advanced media, data analytics, and understand the need for creative solutions to impact positive change, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Develop and lead the execution of advanced media strategies across multiple channels, including but not limited to programmatic OLV and Display, Publisher Direct OTT/CTV, YouTube, Amazon, Google Ads, Streaming Audio and Digital OOH.
- Identify and establish relationships with 3rd party vendors and lead agency initiatives for preparation of a cookieless environment.
- Evaluate new partners for attribution and measurement, target audience data, device graph/identity spine, DSPs, and SSPs and provide recommendations on who and why to onboard moving forward
- Lead onboarding process of new partners to ensure technical compatibility, data flow through APIs and integration with existing reporting portals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure integration and alignment of media plans with overall marketing and business objectives.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in advanced media and make recommendations on how to incorporate them into the overall media strategy.
- Manage relationships with ad serving and DSP partners including negotiating contracts and ensuring quality control and proper execution of campaigns.
- Develop and manage advanced media plans and strategies for client campaigns, ensuring meeting of goals and adherence to financial targets.
- Analyze and report on campaign performance and make recommendations for optimization and future improvements.
- Manage and mentor a team of media professionals, providing guidance and support to help them develop their skills and achieve their career goals.
- Forward and innovative thinking to bring new opportunities in Digital media to clients.
- Proactively improve department/agency efficiencies and create processes as new media demands dictate.
- Participate in client meetings to discuss new developments, strategies and performance and optimizations of Advanced Media campaigns.
- Oversee technical implementations of campaigns including targeting, pixel implementation and campaign set-ups.
- Manage campaign managers. Mentor, and develop a staff to ensure opportunities for growth as well as establishing SOP’s for the department
- This position will involve travel to trade shows and onsite client meetings.
- Communicate with clients to provide instructions and support for pixel implementations.
- Provide clear implementation instructions for various environments including direct implementation on web pages and through tag management systems such as GTM and Tealium.
- Provide instructions for setting up post backs in Mobile Measurement Platforms (MMPs) and utilizing pixels to collect event specific data.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop new pixel and tag products and enhance their functionality.
- Ensure that all tags are firing correctly across all platforms to guarantee precise reporting and performance measurement.
- Ability to utilize consumer research tools and integration of audience segments for Programmatic campaigns.
- Work with senior level management and data science on product development and software tools for Advanced media reporting
- Incorporate a holistic reporting process with linear TV as needed.
- Gain a full funnel understanding of convergent TV media landscape and have full scale knowledge of the convergent TV media performance and tactics.
- Other responsibilities will be assigned as the business needs arise
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in advanced media, with a proven track record of success in developing and executing effective media strategies.
- Strong knowledge of advanced media channels, including OTT/CTV, programmatic, OLV (including YouTube), Display, Amazon, Streaming Audio and Digital OOH.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to use data to inform media strategies and make decisions.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders.
- Problem solver and ability to quickly implement solutions with the tenacity to take solutions across the finish line.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and manage a team of media professionals.
- Experience managing budgets and financial targets.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) at advanced level required
Salary range: $100 – $130k Annually
Icon Media Direct is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The above job description is a general outline of the typical responsibilities and requirements for the role of a Director, Advanced Media. The actual job duties may vary depending on the specific needs of the organization and executives you support.
**NO RECRUITERS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE**